Get Involved with Worker Justice Wisconsin
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKER ORGANIZER (Part-time, 20 hrs/wk, Bilingual)
Worker Justice Wisconsin is looking for a community-oriented and motivated person for the position of Worker Organizer. Worker Organizers educate mostly BIPOC and immigrant workers on their rights, assist with individual cases and empower them for collective actions. The starting salary is $16-17/hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full Job Description/Duties:
- Educate workers on their rights through trainings and individual intakes.
- Assist workers with cases dealing with a range of problems, including but not limited to: wage theft, workers compensation and discrimination.
- Bring workers together for collective actions and/or to form worker-led cooperatives.
- Refer workers to partner organizations when appropriate.
- Take part in community outreach – i.e. organizing tabling events, flyering, speaking in radio programs, etc.
- Participate in and help grow worker membership program.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Be able to communicate in Spanish and English, and be passionate about empowering
and fostering leadership in immigrant communities.
- Have good organizational skills and be goal oriented.
- Have a passion for social justice and the desire to learn about worker justice in particular.
- Have good interpersonal skills and be comfortable talking with people both individually
and in groups; be a good team player.
- At least High School diploma and familiarity with database entry preferred.
- Paid vacation – 2 weeks first year, 3 weeks after completion of 2nd year.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Yearly evaluations with possible merit increases
Software Knowledge (familiarity is appreciated, ability to learn new software is essential):
- Google Drive
- Microsoft Office
Worker Justice Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.